If you require a law firm with vast knowledge and experience in the complexities of building alterations, Glaisyers can help.
Most leases require a landlord’s permission to alter the premises. This is usually formalised by a consent or license from the landlord, so that it’s perfectly clear who is responsible for reinstating the premises and whether the alterations or improvements affect the rent on any rent review.
Glaisyers has a strong commercial property team with extensive experience acting for landlords and tenants. We’re large enough to have the necessary resources to deliver to tight deadlines, but small enough to care about you and your business. No matter how large or small your business and legal projects, our friendly, professional lawyers will deliver a quality, personal, service, that’s cost effective too. With no jargon, no fuss – just commercially balanced and down to earth advice relevant to you and your business.
We work closely with you to achieve the best outcome in any given situation, whether that’s negotiating and preparing the consent or license for the alterations or resolving a dispute relating to reinstatement. We have acknowledged expertise in dealing with all kinds of commercial leases, acting for landlords and tenants with extensive experience at office, retail, warehouse and light industrial lettings. We can also assist in dispute resolution.
Our services include:
- Drafting and negotiating the consent for alterations
- Advising on how alterations may impact upon rent review negotiations
- Advising on the consequences of alterations on assignments and/or underlettings
- Leasehold dispute resolution
- Reinstatement of Alterations on exercise of lease breaks and lease termination
- Investment and property estate management