MENUmenu icon


Separation and divorce can be challenging but it's important to ensure your children are safe and supported

When parents’ relationships come to an end or encounter difficulties it is inevitable that your children will be affected. You will need to decide where the children will live and how much time they will spend with each parent.

Your solicitor can help you to make an agreement yourselves or use a mediator to help, once agreement has been reached your solicitor can help you to make it legally binding. If agreement can’t be reached the Court can decide any issues.

Even if an order is made, requirements can change or it may turn out that the agreement doesn’t work in practice.

If your ex partner isn’t following the terms of the order you can apply for it to be enforced.

If you need to make amendments to your arrangements you may be able to change the order and either ask the Court to formalise the change or decide on new arrangements if you can’t agree.

Our friendly and pragmatic private client solicitors will talk to you about your concerns and work out how best we can help you.

When you contact us we will ask you to tell us:

  • A brief description of your problem
  • Your contact details, including the best phone number to contact you on
  • Whether you plan to pay privately for any fees or whether you intend to apply for legal aid. (To find out whether you might qualify for Legal Aid please visit


At Glaisyers we will always help where we can. In some cases, where we can’t deal with your family law enquiry ourselves, we will refer you to a trusted independent solicitor who specialises in the particular area you need.

Speak to the expert

Get in touch today