MENUmenu icon

Enduring Power of Attorney

Making decisions for a loved one who can no longer deal with their own affairs

At Glaisyers we can help you deal with an Enduring Power of Attorney (EPA) if someone has named you as their attorney. In October 2007 EPAs were replaced by Lasting Powers of Attorney so you can’t make an EPA any more, but any made before then can still be used.

The person who made the EPA is known as the Donor and if they start to lose the ability to make financial decisions for themselves the attorneys are under duty to register the EPA with the Office of the Public Guardian. Our specialist solicitors will help you through the registration process.

The law says that you have to tell certain people about the application, this is normally the Donor and their closest relatives. You will also have to fill in application forms and send them to the OPG. You might have to ask the Donor’s doctor to write a report to say whether the Donor can manage their finances any more. Our Power of Attorney experts can take the stress out of the registration process and deal with all of the paperwork for you.

Attorneys are only allowed to use an EPA for financial decisions and the Donor might have included a restriction to limit what you can do. If a decision needs to be made about someone’s health or welfare or if there is a problem with the EPA we will help you deal with it through the Court of Protection.

Now matter how complicated the situation is our Power of Attorney team will find a practical way forward for you.

Call our Power of Attorney team, who will be happy to talk things through on 0161 832 4666 or complete the online enquiry form and one of our team will get in touch for a no obligation chat.

Speak to the expert

Get in touch today