MENUmenu icon

Court of Protection Applications

Making decisions for a loved one who can no longer deal with their own affairs

At Glaisyers, we understand that Attorneys or Deputies can face unusual situations when dealing with another person’s property and financial affairs, or their health and welfare. If you aren’t authorised to make a specific decision, and the person you’re acting for can’t make it either, the Court of Protection can make that decision for them.

The law, the Court order or the Power of Attorney, can limit your powers as a Deputy or Attorney. This might mean you can’t legally sell the person’s house, make gifts to other people, or make health or welfare decisions on their behalf. If you’re now facing a situation where you need to make a decision you’re not authorised to, we can help.

Decisions we can help with include:

  • Permissions to sell property
  • Changes to property ownership/Trustees
  • Investment decisions or discretionary fund management
  • Gifts to family or friends
  • Changes to wills or statutory wills
  • Payments to family carers


Our friendly, professional, lawyers will take the time to be available to listen and understand, before giving clear, straightforward advice. We’ll explain how special applications can be made to the Court for permission to allow the relevant decision to be made. We can make and submit this application for you, arranging any medical or specialist reports and serving notice on people who would be affected by the decision.

In short, we’ll go the extra mile for you, taking care of everything and making sure the whole process is as easy and stress free as possible for you.

Speak to the expert

Get in touch today